Congratulations on being ready to make change in your life! Change can be uncomfortable, scary, and sometimes a windy journey. However, change can also be: growth, empowerment, and healing. Participating in counseling/therapy is one way of seeking the necessary changes to feel at peace with your life. No matter your age, change is possible and you deserve it.
- Mental health care is healthcare, pure and simple. When struggling with feeling like you're brain is "wired wrong" or not fitting in with the world around you, it can seem that no one understands. But know this: YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I'm right there with you, and I want to help.
- If you have ever felt that alcohol or drug use is causing difficulty in your life, let me help! If you love someone who's alcohol or drug use is worrying you, let me help!
- Problems caused by substance use disorder: guilt, shame, strained relationships, lost jobs, criminal justice involvement, eviction, depression, anxiety, and on and on.
- Problems caused by your loved one's substance use disorder: sleep disturbance, worry, anger, fear, physical ailments from stress, strained relationships, lost work productivity, and on and on.
- By talking about these issues in a professional setting, you can learn a new way to view the problems, cope with the consequences, and potentially rebuild broken bridges. Whether you are the one using, or you love the user, let me help you!
- Family therapy often means looking at issues such as boundaries, patterns of communication, the 'roles' people have and both written and unwritten family rules. In my experience, families often find the work to be challenging - but also rewarding and even, at times, fun!
The number one drug of abuse in the world. Also the most socially acceptable and available. Beyond Alcoholics Anonymous, there is help to stop drinking. If you feel like you're treading water, there is help available. Recovery from alcohol abuse is possible.
The above image represents what it's like to break through addiction. It isn't easy to overcome the weight of many years' worth of guilt, shame, broken relationships, and so on... But it is POSSIBLE. We can work together to accept the past, address the present, and believe in the future.
Anxiety & Depression
It isn't all in your head... it is in your body, your spirit, and your relationships. You don't have to live this way; on a hamster wheel you can't escape. We can work together to develop coping mechanisms for the thoughts and feelings that bring on the racing heart, the exhaustion, and the withdrawal from life.
Families are everything... that goes for the good and the bad. What you are struggling with is not going to be blamed on your family in our sessions, but we will reflect, examine, and explore how your family has impacted your struggles. The family is a system which means if one part isn't working at peak, the whole system is off-kilter. Imagine the body as a system: when your stomach hurts its likely your brain isn't working at its best. Likewise, when a family member is hurting, the whole system hurts in one way or another.